Monday, 16 March 2009

Note books













Ingmar Bergman wrote in yellow coloured paper note pads. When he heard that the company that produced them was closing, he bought up as many of the pads as he could.  I think I'd do the same with Black & Red notebooks (in fact I've already started storing them). They're the only kind I like writing in; pocket sized, un-fussy and practical. Other makes I've bought still remain unused.  

I keep one note book where I write the first idea for a story and nothing more. Each entry is dated and the notebook can contain over three years worth of stories or ideas. I'm not sure why I choose to use this method, but there is something interesting about keeping a single idea untouched within a notebook. I tend to use the computer or other notebooks to develop the story further.   


No comments:

Post a Comment